Thursday, September 9, 2010

Jim Rome Clone Report by Greg in Sun Valley

Clones, Comments, and Moments from Today's Show

NFL

The season kicks off tonight with the Vikings playing the Saints in New Orleans. Jim brought up the Vikings calling the Saints dirty because they were trying to hurt Brett Favre in the NFC title game last season. Rome said, "...What am I missing here? Isn't every team trying to take out the other teams QB?
Jim also surmised that Brett Favre might be like a boxer who finds himself one day unable to "pull the trigger".

College Football

Terrell Pryor of the Ohio State Buckeyes is standing up for LeBron James. LBJ may be at the game on Saturday against Miami. Pryor tells fans not to boo. I believe Rome also attributed the comment "LBJ is a Buckeye" to Pryor. Rome then played the famous laugh track.

E mail on the subject: "Dear Terrell. You don't have to worry about name calling. Batteries and water bottles maybe. Signed, some pasty Ohio people."

Another E mail was sent by Eric in Falls Church. He warred something about his Jungle manifesto. Jim said, "Eric, you're a loser."

Tebow on Twitter

Tim Tebow is now on Twitter. Jim commented on how much of a force Tebow is. Jim Rome has been on Twitter since late last year and has 74,000 followers. Tebow just started last night and now has....19,900 as of 9:02 PDT.

Jim played the background music he's played before during clips of Tebow's comments to the media after last years loss when he was with Florida as he read some of Tim's Tweets.

Vic in NoCal

Half way into today's show, Tony in Albuquerque sent an E mail cracking on Vic for not calling today as was reported he would. Jim said it was only half way through the show! 

Vic had not called as of the E mail contest. Some read:

"Dear Victor in NoCal. I would like to have a word with you. Bring your playbook. Signed, Van Smack."

"Hey Vic. Dial the number, puss. Signed, Hud."

Jim said, "I don't care if he calls or not."

(I don't remember the source of the announcement that Vic would call today. We heard Jim say that he was informed of the call to be yesterday. I don't think he cited whether or not that came from Twitter or an E mail.)

Vic did not call today!

Between 8:30 and 9pm PDT, Vic Tweeted: "Gonna call Rome tomorrow instead. Apologies to my millions & millions of fans out there."

Text Contest Selections

"War me in the labor room and my wife...(yelling at me because the Jungle is blaring in the background - I think it read.)
 - Jim said, "That's a lie..."

"Romey. I am not on Twitter, but I am on Quitter. Signed, Yoda...Hey-O"

Triple U sponsor: "Adults who where mouse ears at Disneyland."

Triple U: (Rome said, " I'm not going to read any text sent to me from Najeh...You're BLOCKED!)

















The Jim Rome Clone Report is a fan site and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jim Rome or the Jim Rome Show.



No comments:

Post a Comment