Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jim Rome Clone Report by Greg in Sun Valley


Summary of Today's Jim Rome Show

Jim is back!


Facebook update: 73,000+ Jim Rome fans


Jim started today with...

NBA

All Star Game

Rome: "If you want to talk about the All Star Game..that was quite a spectacle...Because I managed my own expectations...it actuallly exceeded them. I didn't think it was awesome, but as All Star games go, I thought it was pretty good...100,000+ checking out a basketball game is pretty cool..."

Trade Deadline

Amare Stoudamire
   Jim said. "If the Cavaliers are able to pull Amare Stoudamire out of Phoenix, Lebron James could then never say that they didn't do everything in their power to get him a ring...And if they do get Stoudamire, I think he will get his ring. The only question to me is: Can Stoudamire and Shaq O'Neal hang both on and off the floor?..."

Kenny Smith on JRIB (Jim Rome is Burning TV show)
   Jim asked him who wants it worse...Kobe Bryant or Lebron James? Kenny said, "...I think Kobe Bryant is more of ...a...basketball butthole...so to speak...a guy you don't want to really piss off...and he's the guy that wants it..."
Jim then reset Carolina Panther Steve Smith's use of "butthole" as well as golfer Boo Weekley's.

Daytona 500
   Rome: "While I don't think that that giant pothole on the track at Daytona ruined the race...It certainly did taint the race...McMurray is and awesome story....As great as that ending was...It still was not worth the 6 hours it would have taken to get there..."

Olympics
   Jim likes the Snowboard Cross...Cross country skiing...not so much.

E Mail

"Dear Canada,
   Tell us how our (bleep) tastes. Signed, the United States of America's medal count."  Clay in Buffalo


Steven Seagal
   Jim said Seagal has been "killing it" in the "straight to video" market...just making millions and millions....Then Jim said, "Yeah. Well he's not spending it on 'lettuce' ...or fruit. I'm going to give myself a warning for that, because if you came with that you would have got blocked."

Oprah
   Jim told the story of the talk show host mistaking Drew Brees' birthmark for lipstick when he appeared on her show.

Interviews

Jamie Dixon (Pittsburgh Basketball)
   They are 19-6 overall and 8-6 in the Big East conference. They lost 4 of 5 recently. Jamie tells his team to learn from losses and move on. He agreed with Jim that he has a gritty team. They also talked of Jaime's roots with Ben Howland and how Ben got him to leave Hawaii to join him at Pittsburgh.

Rashard Lewis (Orlando Magic)
   They are first in the Southeast division of the NBA and 2 in the Eastern Conference. Rashard feels this years different team is better aned deeper than last years. He did mention, however, that in the beginning of the year they did have to learn to play together. Rashard also spoke with Jim about horse racing since he is a thoroughbred owner as well.

Jim's Airline Encounter

Jim told us, "...Had a nice incident of airline rage. Some fat, sweaty old lady was up "in my business" yesterday. She wanted my seat, but she was so belligerent I really didn't want to give it to her...'cause she had an even more overweight husband...and she was just into me...just lit me up. It was my seat...honestly, I would have given it to her but she was so belligerent right out of the box...She went beserk on me...But she was sweaty and overweight and upset...and was not happy..."

Interview

Jamie McMurray (NASCAR Daytona 500 winner)
   He drives the #1 car. Jamie said, "... it's getting more real by the minute," in response to Jim asking him if it has sunk in yet. He also said he didn't realize all that went along with winning the event. "You can't really put into words how awesome this is...," he told Jim.

Text Contest Selections

"Hey JoPa. If you really want to get lasered, I can just punch you in the face. Signed KB."

"Rome. Sleeping with your dogs is disgusting. Signed, guys who take baths." Derek in Denver.

Triple U sponsor: "My fiance's friends ruining my Memorial Day weekend two years in a row with lame weddings..."

Actual Triple U: "Jimothy. I have a horse ramp up to my bed. Signed Matthew Broderick."

Result: "You're BLOCKED!"

Another text: "Dear Rome. Hey Drew. Don't sweat it. Oprah tried to pull my arm out of my shirt. Sincerely, the drummer from Def Leppard."






The Jim Rome Clone Report is a fan site and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jim Rome or the Jim Rome Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment