Friday, February 19, 2010

Jim Rome Clone Report by Greg in Sun Valley

New Friday Format

Friday's on the Clone Report will now be for short summaries, commentary, opinions, favorites' lists, and the like. I will also try to include that day's text contest. Please comment throughout the week, but especially on Friday's blog...click "comments" at the bottom of the page. THANKS!!

Friday's show

Tiger Woods
Jim: "Generally, I thought that Tiger Woods did pretty well in reading his prepared statement today. Again, I think that he would have done much better had he not controlled and manipulated the entire proceedings and turned that into the dog and pony show that we all knew that it would  be. He should have manned up by reading that statement...I don't have a problem with him reading from a statement...and then taken questions from journalists...Because you're looking to control it and manipulate it, it smacks of both arrogance and cowardice..."

My take: I think Jim summed it up well. Tiger does appear contrite and repentant, yet he still wants to control how things turn out. You can choose your actions, but you can not necessrily choose the consequences.
When I remembered it was coming on, I grabbed my radio a few minutes into it. Despite the knowlege of his being "robotic" (I've even called the show imitating Tiger), I was struck by-how-ro-bot-ic-he-soun-ded.! It wasn't until I saw it on YouTube that I felt he showed contrition.

My Choices

Interview of the Week

Mark Cuban - No canned answers from Mark! He tells you what he's thinking. I
                   was glad to hear that since he became a father, he's taking the
                   teams losses differently. Parenting seems to have put things
                   into perspective. It was also interesting how he talked
                   technology with Jim near the end of the interview.

Top 5 funniest moments of the week:

   5. Kenny Smith on JRIB
          Jim played for us the tape of Kenny saying that Kobe Bryant was more
          of a "basketball butthole".
   4. Jim's "airline rage" story. Jim: "Some fat, sweaty old lady was up in
          'my business'."
   3. Jim's "Hacksaw" voice about Phish, "IIIIIII want to hear from a stoner and
          a Phish fan. Do you eat grilled cheese prior to going into the venue?"
   2. New text contest "guy" Dave Wayland "letting through" the text..."Dear
          Rome, Hey Drew. Don't sweat it. Oprah tried to pull my arm out of my
          shirt. Sincerely the drummer from Def Leppard." (Will Francis in 
          Glendale protest this??!!)
   1. The "Dueling Banjos" of Brett Favre's "Wooooo!" and Trapper's kazoo
          sound.  (Awesome! I would like to hear Trapper's take on this!)

Friday's Text Contest Selections

"Unwar the local car dealer losing all credibility when he screams in a commercial, 'This Kia Sorento is awesome!' Yeah, right. Compared to what? A ten speed?"  Lance in Cleveland

"Dear Jim, Tiger's speech was terrible. He should come back to hang out with us for a few more months. Captain Crunch, Count Dracula, Toucan Sam, and Sponge Bob."

Triple U sponsor: "People in their 30s who still create themselves as characters on 'Madden'.  Textleff Schremp

Actual Triple U: "Hey Jimmy. You're waiting for Tiger Woods to come back and swing It? Oh boy. So are we..."

Result: Jim interrupted to say, "Yeah. I'm not going to read who that's from. You're warned in the 216."







The Jim Rome Clone Report is a fan site and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jim Rome or the Jim Rome Show.


           

No comments:

Post a Comment