Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jim Rome Clone Report by Greg in Sun Valley

One Year Anniversary of the Clone Report

August 11, 2009 was the first post on this blog! 

(Please check in daily and patronize-or at least check out the sponsors to keep it going!)

Clones, Comments, and Moments from Today's Show

Base Brawl
   Jim called the fight between the Cincinnati Reds and the St. Louis Cardinals the most predictable brawl ever. This was because Brandon Phillips of the Reds laid down these gems: "I hate the Cardinals...All they do is bitch and moan about everything....They're little bitches...All of 'em...Let me make this clear, I hate the Cardinals..."

Jim said, "...That's awesome!"  Also, "If it sounds like I'm enjoying this, I am! ...I don't think he should have said it...but I'm glad he did!"

After the brawl, however, the Cardinals were even more upset with the Reds' Johnny Cueto because he was kicking Cardinals with his spikes during the melee.

E mails on the subject: 
"...Was Brandon Phillips talking about the Cards or the entire city of St. Louis?"  Mike in Chicago   (I believe is was Mike in Chicago, in a later E mail, who warred Dave in St. Louis defaulting on mortgage payments.)

"Hey Rome, good thing there wasn't a table on the field. That could've been pretty rough. Signed, Ron Ron."

LeBron on Twitter

He wrote, "Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!"

Rome said, "...this is the first sign of a kill or be killed mentality by LeBron..."

E mail: "...and when I turn that list over to my big bro Dwayne, you guys are so dead!"

Tiger Woods

There is now a difference of opinion over whether or not Corey Pavin would offer a spot to Tiger Woods on the Ryder Cup team. 

Jim's take on Tiger catching Jack Nicklaus was more interesting.  Rome said, "...never the dominant force that he once was...that guy's dead, he's never coming back..I think Jack Nicklaus is safe."

E mails Contest Selections

   "Dear Jim. I agree. Tiger Woods will not return to what he was. Signed, Brad in Corona." Mike in Chicago  (Jim cracked on Mike for his spelling of Corona.)

"...I agree. No matter what your teammate says, you have to back him up. Signed, Peyton Manning."

"Dear Jim, If the Cards are bitches, what does that make a team that loses 3 straight to them?" (Jim said, "I don't know, Blaise. B.O.?...Don't get rhetorical with me.")

Text Contest Selections

"Hey Rome. What mental notes? Signed, GED holders."

Triple U: "...One table leg in the heart? Big deal. I've had 80 chicken wings in my stomach. Signed, Haynesworth."

Result: "You're BLOCKED!...for stupidity."






The Jim Rome Clone Report is a fan site and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jim Rome or the Jim Rome Show.





No comments:

Post a Comment