Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jim Rome Clone Report by Greg in Sun Valley




Clones, comments, and moments from today's show


Facebook Fan Page
Jim's fan count surpassed 100,000!


Alvin

Jim joked that he would have to find out who the 100,000 Facebook fan was so he or she could name Alvin's baby. Jim said, "...Zorro's father has been strangely silent..." He then told Alvin that the offer to pay for the child's college fund if Alvin named him "Zorro" would be coming off the table soon. Jim then tells us that Alvin just said he was game, but that his wife, Mil, would only accept it as a middle name.
Rome's response: "...I'm not gonna fund the 529 account for a middle name. It's gotta be a first name...Zorro Delloro with no middle name."

Caller

Caroline in Erie PA called. Near the end she mentioned "Lady Clones".

Jim said, "...I haven't done it in a long time...let's try it. Ladies only call...and I don't want any of you  'Rosemary yahoos'. I don't want any of your 'Hey Romie (in breathy voice)...you're hot. I'm Rosemary."

That set off a "Ladies Only" day of calls.




Becky in College Station


For some strange reason, she decided to tell Jim she was Southern, middle aged, and overweight. She also said being a Jungle listener helps her marriage. Becky sometimes refers to her husband as "The Donger". She explained, "I think you know the Australian story..."


Text Contest Selections


"Hey Rome. Just tuned in . Why didn't you promote that you were having the Hack Off today? I listen all  3 hours of every single day. I've never heard anything like it. But, it is great. Worst callers ever. Tell me, are you saving Eddie in Boise for the Grand Finale?"


"Dear Jim. For me, the gold standard for a Hack Off qualifier is their ability to make your skin crawl. Nothing says skin crawl like a hefty housewife calling her husband a, quote, 'Donger', while naked. Holy crap. I just blew chunks on my keyboard. Sincerely, Most Clones." Robert in Houston


Triple U sponsor: "Guys who take jello shots."


Actual Triple U: Jim said, "...and somebody below the fold is pretending to be Eric Mangini talking about dunks...Nate in Cleveland. You are officially BLOCKED! Now you're done!"




The Jim Rome Clone Report is a fan site and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jim Rome or the Jim Rome Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment